As evidenced by Show Buzz Daily, Impact Wrestling scored its highest TV ratings since the Final Deletion and their second highest all-time in their current run with Pop TV.
The audience was up to 399,000, from 362,000, boasting a viewership increase of 37,000 viewers. The Final Deletion received ratings of 410,000 almost two years ago.
This episode featured a title vs. title match, pitting Impact World Champion Austin Aries against Impact Grand Champion Matt Sydal. Aries picked up the win and is now both World Champion and Grand Champion.
Also advertised for the show was a match between Bobby Lashley and Brian Cage, that had been teased for a fair amount of time prior to Thursday, and had been repeatedly hyped up by the commentary team as a “dream match”.
The episode also included the debut of Rich Swann’s wife, Su Yung
Impact Wrestling has been climbing back up the proverbial ladder following a rough patch with multiple re-brandings, but after the return of Austin Aries, interest has spiked and Impact is back on a roll.
The promotion is currently building towards its next pay-per-view event Redemption on April 22, which will see Austin Aries defend the Impact World Championship against Alberto El Patrón.
What did you think of the last episode of Impact? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here, and as always, have a spiffing Rusev Day.
- impact grand champion
- alberto el patron
- austin aries
- Brian cage
- final deletion
- impact world champion
- impact news
- su yung
- bobby lashley
- Impact Wrestling
- matt sydal
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking