According to the United States Patent & Trademark office, An independent promotion has filed to trademark event names previously used by ECW.
Freedom Pro Wrestling from Minnesota has recently filed to trademark “SummerSizzler” and “THREE WAY DANCE”.
According to the USPTO, both trademarks were filed for use with “entertainment services”. Both of these terms were names of ECW events that took place in 1993 and 1995.
The following descriptions accompanied the filings:
Summer Sizzler – Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment in the nature of live wrestling competitions.; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer
Three Way Dance – Entertainment in the nature of live performances by professional and amateur wrestlers and sports entertainers; Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of development, creation, production, distribution, and post-production of wrestling and sports entertainment events; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer
WWE originally purchased assets from ECW in 2003, following ECW filing for bankruptcy in 2001.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?