In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was reported that three indie stars have received offers from WWE to sign with the promotion, with two of them expected to sign soon, as the fight for talent continues to grow.
Firstly, Viper, who is currently contracted to WOS Wrestling, is expected to sign with WWE as part of NXT when her contract expires soon. The Scot competed in the 2017 Mae Young Classic tournament under the ring name Piper Niven, and is the current Stardom SWA Champion.
Viper is said to have passed on an offer made by AEW in favor of signing for WWE.
The next name expected to heading to WWE is Kay Lee Ray, who is also contracted to WOS, and she too competed in the 2017 MYC being knocked out in the first round by Princes Sugehit.
Third on the list is Bea Priestley, who has also been made an offer by WWE, but at this point it is unknown whether or not she will choose to sign. It is likely that Priestley and her partner Will Ospreay have discussed a full-time move to Japan, which could of course effect her choice.
There is now more competition than ever to sign the best talent on the planet, with AEW providing a viable alternative to WWE both financially, and especially where female talent is concerned through the announcement that the gender pay gap will not exist within the promotion.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022
- Current Backstage Belief On Potential Bray Wyatt Return
- Tony Khan Praises WWE’s ‘Better Shows’ Under Triple H
- Potential Update On Likelihood Of Bray Wyatt Returning To WWE
- Does Warner Brothers Discovery Own 100+ WCW Themes?
- Major Planned Match For AEW All Out Revealed?
- Potential Spoiler On Cody Rhodes WWE Return