In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was reported that three indie stars have received offers from WWE to sign with the promotion, with two of them expected to sign soon, as the fight for talent continues to grow.
Firstly, Viper, who is currently contracted to WOS Wrestling, is expected to sign with WWE as part of NXT when her contract expires soon. The Scot competed in the 2017 Mae Young Classic tournament under the ring name Piper Niven, and is the current Stardom SWA Champion.
Viper is said to have passed on an offer made by AEW in favor of signing for WWE.
The next name expected to heading to WWE is Kay Lee Ray, who is also contracted to WOS, and she too competed in the 2017 MYC being knocked out in the first round by Princes Sugehit.
Third on the list is Bea Priestley, who has also been made an offer by WWE, but at this point it is unknown whether or not she will choose to sign. It is likely that Priestley and her partner Will Ospreay have discussed a full-time move to Japan, which could of course effect her choice.
There is now more competition than ever to sign the best talent on the planet, with AEW providing a viable alternative to WWE both financially, and especially where female talent is concerned through the announcement that the gender pay gap will not exist within the promotion.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname