An injured WWE star has gotten a slight name change.
As previously reported, Robert Roode has been working as a producer backstage during WWE Raw and SmackDown TV tapings over the past month.
Roode hasn’t wrestled since June 2022 and has undergone multiple neck surgeries during his WWE hiatus.
The former NXT Champion has gone from being known as “Robert Roode” to “Bobby Roode” back and forth throughout his time in TNA before signing with WWE in 2016.
The report notes that in the past, Vince McMahon insisted on Petey Williams being called “Pete” backstage, so it could be a Vince call with Roode’s name change.
Bobby Roode isn’t the only former TNA original working as a producer as of late as Nick Aldis has also started working as a producer backstage on a shadow basis.
WWE will hold their next premium live event with Payback this Saturday, September 2 live from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. For the full lineup for the show, click here.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision