Ahead of the busiest weekend in the wrestling world, a major former New Japan star has unfortunately suffered a poorly-timed injury setback.
Ahead of GCW’s double-header of Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport and Joey Janela’s Spring Break, the newly minted free-agent Kota Ibushi has unfortunately suffered a shoulder injury while training.
As announced by Ibushi on Twitter, he sustained a shoulder injury while training in an MMA gym. As of right now there has been no official announcement regarding Ibushi’s status for the upcoming GCW shows.
Ibushi last wrestled in October 2021, with the former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion unfortunately suffering a separated shoulder during his G1 Climax Final bout with Kazuchika Okada.
The upcoming GCW events are slated to mark Ibushi’s return to the ring, and first matches since leaving NJPW.
Ibushi became a free agent on February 1, after his contract with NJPW expired.
During Ibushi’s in-ring hiatus, the top star had a number of issues with individuals within the promotion which were addressed in a NJPW press conference last year.
For the latest on WWE’s interest in Ibushi, click here.
Stay tuned to Wrestletalk.com for any updates.
— 飯伏 幸太 (@ibushi_kota) March 30, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?
- Plan For Heel AEW Star To Become ‘One Of The Biggest Babyfaces’
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom