On tonight’s SmackDown, an Intercontinental Championship match was made official for next week’s edition of the program.
After besting Ludwig Kaiser via pinfall victory on tonight’s SmackDown (August 5) Shinsuke Nakamura earned a title shot at the Intercontinental Championship, next week!
Set to take place on the August 12 edition of the longrunning Friday program, Shinsuke Nakamura will get a chance to become a three-time Intercontinental Champion.
Fun fact – When Nakamura won the WWE Intercontinental Championship, he became the second in history to have won both the WWE Intercontinental Championship and the IWGP Intercontinental Championship.
The other? Chris Jericho.
Current Intercontinental Champion Gunther has displayed impressive dominance since transitioning from NXT 2.0 to the SmackDown main roster.
Gunther is currently undefeated in 2022, having gone 8-0 thus far on the year.
You can view all of the WWE men’s roster win/loss records by clicking here.
— WWE (@WWE) August 6, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned