As reactions continue to releases of Samoa Joe, William Regal, ‘Road Dogg’ Brian James, and other Performance Center staff, it seems for some the release strikes at an opportune time for their promotions.
Fightful Select is reporting that while Joe was not medically cleared of late to compete in WWE as an in-ring performer, all of the sources they spoke to “believe he will return to the ring outside WWE.”
“Fightful has already been contacted by four longtime indie promoters to gauge this process and have shown interest in booking Joe if he opts to return to the ring.”
The timing of an in-ring return for Joe would largely be dependent on whether or not he is subject to a non-compete clause which remains an unknown detail with Fightful’s sources saying “they wouldn’t get into specifics of contracts.”
From past history, in-ring performers released from WWE are typically subject to a non-compete clause ranging from 30 to 90 days whereas details regarding other released employees are not always known.
Previously released in April 2021, Samoa Joe had returned to the company after being contacted by Triple H. Upon return he served as an on-screen authority figure before returning to in-ring action, most recently working as a talent scout.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- Big Former WWE Name Backstage At ROH Supercard Of Honor
- Changes To Big WrestleMania 39 Weekend Match