Insight has been provided on fan interest in WWE Day 1, which was reportedly significantly higher than interest in Survivor Series 2021.
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was noted that there were 500,000 Google searches for ‘WWE Day 1’, which is considered high for a non-major WWE show.
This was reportedly two and a half times as much as the number of searches for ‘Survivor Series’ around the time of last year’s show.
Ahead of WWE Day 1, it was reported that WWE President Nick Khan wanted to make the inaugural show notable, so there will by hype surrounding future iterations of the new annual ‘premium event’.
On the day of the show, Brock Lesnar was added to the WWE Championship match, as Universal Champion Roman Reigns tested positive for COVID-19.
Despite Lesnar winning the WWE Title at WWE Day 1, reports have indicated that plans for WWE and Universal Championship matches at WrestleMania 38, as well as plans for Lesnar’s rivalry with Reigns, remain the same.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy
- AEW All Access First Ever Viewership Revealed