During a recent Road To Wrestling Dontaku event, an interesting stipulation was made for a match taking place during the May event.
At Wrestling Dontaku, Zack Sabre Jr will is set to wrestle Tanga Loa of the Guerrillas of Destiny. This May 3 match will now decide the future of the IWGP Tag Team Championship scene.
NJPW have announced that if Sabre Jr wins this match, Dangerous Tekkers (Sabre Jr and Taichi) will earn a future IWGP Tag Team Championship match against the Guerrillas of Destiny. If Tanga Loa wins, Dangerous Tekkers will never be allowed to challenge for these tag titles again.
NJPW took to Twitter to relay the announcement, tweeting:
Stipulation added to ZSJ vs Tanga Loa May 3!
If Sabre wins, Dangerous Tekkers get a tag title match!
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) April 21, 2021
Dangerous Tekkers challenged for the IWGP Tag Team Championship at New Beginning In Hiroshima earlier this year. They came up short against the Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa, in which could be their final championship match as a team, unless ZSJ is successful at Wrestling Dontaku.
Wrestling Dontaku takes across 2 nights this year, on May 3 and 4. The May 4 show will be headlined by Will Ospreay defending the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against Shingo Takagi. Jim Ross has recently discussed Ospreay’s potential if he was to sign with AEW.
- Cody Rhodes In Incredible Shape Amid Royal Rumble Rumours (Photo)
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star Making AEW Debut
- Shocking Update On Miro Being Absent From AEW TV
- AEW Rampage Spoilers December 9, 2022
- WWE Star Not Medically Cleared & Match Canceled As Precaution Ahead Of Very Important Show
- Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal Winner Crowned On AEW Dynamite
- FTR Vs. The Briscoes III Stipulation Match Made Official
- Saraya’s Next AEW Match Revealed
- Must-See Star Making Ricky Starks & MJF Promo On AEW Dynamite