A new report has discussed scrapped WWE plans, including a tag team reunion pitched before a recent WWE release.
Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy had an eventful NXT run. Paired with Alexa Bliss, Blake and Murphy held the NXT Tag Team Championship for over 205 days in 2015. The duo never teamed together on the main roster, but were reportedly close to getting the band back together on Raw or SmackDown.
Fightful Select (subscription required) are reporting that prior to Blake’s WWE release, there was a pitch for the former team to be reunited.
Murphy had been wrestling as a singles star since 2018, winning the Cruiserweight Championship before aligning himself with Seth Rollins. No longer affiliated with Rollins, Murphy last competed in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal on SmackDown before WrestleMania 37.
Blake debuted on the main roster in 2020 as part of The Forgotten Sons alongside Steve Cutler and Jaxson Ryker. It was also reported that throughout 2020, Blake and Cutler were working closely with WWE creative, thinking of additional ways for them to return on TV.
Cutler was released by WWE in February. Blake followed shortly after, leaving the company earlier this month, along with a number of other stars.
Ryker is currently paired with Elias on Raw, recently playing a role in Shane McMahon and Braun Strowman’s WrestleMania 37 build.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?