Last night in the opening match of the Sunday portion of WrestleMania 36, Rhea Ripley defeated her NXT Women’s Championship against Charlotte Flair.
For what it’s worth, this was the best WrestleMania match purely from an in-ring stance for me. Ripley and Flair seemingly worked quite stiff, which worked given that there were no fans in attendance, allowing for strikes to be heard far clearer.
Many people expected rhea to beat ‘The Queen’ on the “grandest stage of them all” However, it was flair that picked up the win, becoming only the second two-time NXT Women’s Champion in the process.
It is a testament to the work of both Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair that ‘Mania was star-making performance for the Australian, despite the fact she didn’t win.
Now that she is the NXT Women’s Champion, Charlotte Flair is widely expected to move over to NXT. However, it has emerged that she will also be working Raw shows.
According to Dave Meltzer, Charlotte will continue to work Raw shows on Monday and also NXT shows on a Wednesday. Speaking on the Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer had the following to say:
The plan right now is she’s gonna work both. With no house shows and no nothing it’s not like you’re over-taxing someone for making them work twice a week.”
This is very interesting. Perhaps with Bianca Belair seemingly on her way up to Raw following a shock WrestleMania appearance last night, we can see Belair and Flair feud on both shows in the coming weeks.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Update On AEW & Warner-Discovery Talks On Possible Streaming Deal