A new match with implications on the ROH Women’s World Championship has been added to Supercard of Honor.
Tony Khan announced via Twitter that AEW star Mercedes Martinez will face Willow Nightingale to determine the Interim ROH Women’s World Champion at Supercard of Honor this Friday April 1.
ROH Supercard of Honor
Interim @ringofhonor Women’s World Title:@willowwrestles vs @RealMMartinez
Winner to Face Champion @DeonnaPurrazzo (Unavailable on Friday) at a Later Date
ROH tickets @ https://t.co/g7FvET2sJJ +
PPV @FiteTV & https://t.co/4Pv27o5BEX pic.twitter.com/bSCsDAWGnb
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) March 28, 2022
The announcement says that the winner will face the current ROH Women’s World Champion Deonna Purrazzo at a future date.
Purrazzo is unavailable for the show due to already being scheduled for IMPACT Wrestling Multiverse of Matches at the same time.
Mercedes Martinez will join FTR, Jay Lethal, Wheeler Yuta and Lee Moriarty as AEW talent that are scheduled for the WrestleMania 38 weekend event in Dallas.
For more information on Supercard of Honor, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18