Vince McMahon was named by Forbes on their annual ‘Worlds Billionaires‘ feature just yesterday, with an estimated net worth of $1.7 billion in the last 12 months.
This is the second consecutive year in which McMahon has made the list after he missed out on it in 2016, a year in which he lost his billionaire status. For the WWE Chairman and creator of the XFL, being placed where he is on this list makes him the 1,394th richest person in the world – which is quite the achievement. It’s something I – and no doubt most people reading this – will likely even get close to.
Despite being marketed as a billionaire on TV for almost two decades, there have been a handful of times in which McMahon lost his billionaire status. Most notably was 2014/15 when WWE stock dropped by a massive $350 million, which meant McMahon’s net worth also dropped.
Since then his net worth has only increased. This comes off the back of a stellar year for WWE, which generated $801 million in income in 2017 alone.
McMahon is currently one of the richest people in the world and it doesn’t look like anything will stop that anytime soon – except of course, the XFL. If that fails then we could see a plunge in the WWE Chairman’s net worth, but until then Vince will revel in his lofty status.
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match