It has been announced that Tomohiro Ishii will defend the Revolution Pro Wrestling British Heavyweight Championship against Minoru Suzuki at Power Struggle. Power Struggle is New Japan Pro Wrestling‘s next big show, set to take place on November 3.
Ishii and Suzuki have been feuding in New Japan Pro Wrestling and Revolution Pro off and on during 2018. The two have engaged in tag team matches at many New Japan shows this year but their rivalry has had its most traction in Rev Pro.
Tomohiro Ishii won the Revolution Pro Wrestling British Heavyweight Championship from Zack Sabre Jr. in April at WrestleCon. Since then, Ishii and Suzuki have traded the title back and forth leading to Power Struggle.
Suzuki managed to win the title from Ishii at Strong Style Evolved UK in June before dropping it back to Ishii at Global Wars on October 15. Their rivalry will take its next step at Power Struggle, New Japan‘s final big event before Wrestle Kingdom 13.
Ishii vs. Suzuki will round out a six-match card for Power Struggle. The complete card for the show is as follows:
- IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho defending against EVIL
- RevPro British Heavyweight Champion Tomohiro Ishii defending against Minoru Suzuki
- Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi
- Kazuchika Okada & Beretta vs. Jay White & Bad Luck Fale
- Finals of the Super Junior Tag League