The top two matches are set for New Japan Pro Wrestling’s big show Dominion. The IWGP Intercontinental Championship match is set to be a rematch from G1 Supercard as Kota Ibushi will defend against former champ Tetsuya Naito.
The two have been feuding since Ibushi eliminated Naito from the New Japan Cup in March. Since Ibushi won the title from Naito at Madison Square Garden, Naito has been looking to regain the belt. At Wrestling Dontaku Day Two, they two made the date for their rematch official. The two will battle once again at Dominion on June 9th.
Naito has expressed his desire to become the first man to hold both the IWGP Intercontinental and Heavyweight championships simultaneously. While it looks impractical at the moment, Naito could be in line for another run with the Intercontinental title.
The other top match for Dominion was announced as Kazuchika Okada will be defending the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho. You can read more about Jericho’s return to New Japan and this match’s announcement here.
Which match are you more looking forward to at Dominion? Let us know in the comments below, on Twitter or on Discord!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Update On AEW Star Following Injury Scare
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?
- More WWE Legends Being Brought In For WrestleMania 39