New Japan Pro Wrestling saw its latest title change at Dominion. Zack Sabre Jr. and TAICHI joined forces to unseat Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi as IWGP Tag Team Champions.
This marks the third reign in a row that the IWGP Tag Team Champions failed to defend the titles once. Prior to Tanahashi and Ibushi, the Guerrillas of Destiny and Fin-Juice both saw quick ends to their respective reigns. Tanahashi and Ibushi won the titles on February 21, just five days before New Japan ceased operations due to the pandemic.
This is the first reign for the new champions as a team. This is officially the first championship reign for Zack Sabre Jr. in New Japan Pro Wrestling, while TAICHI has held the IWGP Junior Tag Team Championships and the NEVER Openweight Championship previously.
They managed to win the match by hitting about eight or nine dragon screw leg whips in a row on Tanahashi. They then hit a combo kick-Zack Driver to secure the win and the titles. This culminated the story they had told during the New Japan Cup as TAICHI managed to defeat both Tanahashi and Ibushi in singles matches.
What did you think of Dominion? Let us know on Twitter!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?