Jack Evans has opened up about his AEW departure, believing that the salary made him ‘a little soft’.
Evans became a free agent after his AEW contract expired at the end of April.
Speaking with Chris Van Vliet, Evans admitted that he became lazier outside the ring after joining AEW.
“I feel like that salary contract made me a little soft. There was a little while where I got a bit plump and I fell off after that (pandemic) layoff.
“I only feel like I started to come back after that layoff, but I think at that point, the company had already made up its mind or whatever. I did just kind of get — not lazy in the ring, but lazy outside of the ring.
“I think in that first year, they were pretty happy with (him and Angelico). We were not the type to go up to the office [with a problem]. I called us the nine to fivers.
“We would show up, do what we had to do, go to the locker room. There was zero politics and our in ring performance matched up to what they wanted us to do. But I think after that, they started looking at me and Angelico differently.
“I got out of shape and plump, I wasn’t on the ball, but Angelico never fell off. I think it was then that they started seeing us as 2 different entities.”
You can read more of Evan’s thoughts on his AEW departure right here.
Stay up to date with AEW TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Update On New WWE Ring Name Fans Speculated Was For Jade Cargill
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- AEW Star Addresses Dolph Ziggler Being Released By WWE