Jack Evans was one of the original AEW signings when the company first launched back in 2019, and recently departed the company due to his contract expiring.
Angelico was used as a member of TH2 alongside Angelico for most of his time in the promotion. Evans recently spoke to the PWPonderings Podcast, where he was asked about any goals that he didn’t hit in AEW.
Evans pointed to a match he had with Kenny Omega on AEW Dark on November 26, 2019, and why he was ‘super disappointed’ with it.
“There is one specific match. I was super disappointed with my match with Kenny Omega because I had gotten so lazy and out of shape, we actually had to cut out so much and I didn’t perform like I should have. That was a goal I didn’t meet. That really should have been a breakout performance that I wasn’t in the proper shape at all. I got so blown up. That’s a regret. The only goal I had was to do more as a tag team with me and Angelico as TH2 and it never really got off the ground in the way I wanted,”
Evans admitted after his AEW departure that the AEW salary was making him ‘a little soft’.
He is set for his return to GCW on June 6.
Quote via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans