UPDATE – For the latest details on Mandy Rose’s WWE release, click this link.
NXT stars Jacy Jayne and Gigi Dolin have taken to social media to react to the news that just broke of Mandy Rose being released by WWE.
Jayne, Dolin and Rose made up the Toxic Attraction group in NXT that has been very prominent throughout the past year.
Jayne tweeted a series of broken heart emojis. The tweet was also liked by fellow NXT star Cora Jade.
— Jacy Jayne (@jacyjaynewwe) December 14, 2022
Dolin tweeted a broken heart emoji and a wilted rose emoji.
— Gigi Dolin (@gigidolin_wwe) December 14, 2022
Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp cited the reason for Rose being released as:
WWE officials felt they were put in a tough position based on the content she was posting on her BrandArmy page. They felt like it was outside of the parameters of her WWE deal.
Rose started her page months ago (which is actually on FanTime rather than BrandArmy), but as time has progressed she’s taken the content further. Fightful later added that what WWE deemed to be the “excplicit nature” of the content Rose has been posting played a part.
Fightful Select followed up by adding that WWE sources indicated the company felt like the content was “not appropriate for one or more of their partner relationships”, and that Rose “didn’t seem interested” in stopping posting.
Rose reportedly had told people in recent months that she did realize what she was posting could end up getting her in trouble with management.
Unfortunately subscribers to her page had been illegally leaking the content and it became very visible on social media.
WWE hastily booked Mandy Rose to lose the NXT Women’s Championship to Roxanne Perez on NXT last night – the match was originally planned to take place on January 10.
Rose’s reign with the NXT Women’s Title clocked in at 413 days, so it was just four days off being the second-longest NXT Women’s Title reign of all time behind Asuka’s.
Rose had also been the leader of the Toxic Attraction group in NXT, which also featured Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne, who now look to be proceeding as a tag team.
We’ll keep you posted if any more details emerge.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star