Jade Cargill reveals new vulnerability in a self-penned Player’s Tribune article, addressing doubters noting she isn’t even mad at them.
Speaking from the heart, Jade Cargill writes about her adversity as a young woman, being inspired by WWE legend Chyna and even gets a little vulnerable, acknowledging doubters, writing:
“I know there will always be people who are going to talk their talk. People who think I wasn’t ready when I became TBS champ. People who think I haven’t paid my dues. And honestly I’m not even mad at those people. I appreciate that a lot of those opinions, they just come with the territory when your audience is as passionate as ours is. And at times I’ve felt many of those same doubts. Believe me, I was shocked and humbled to be the first TBS champ — and I had moments where I was questioning things. Like, How will this be perceived by our fan base? How will my coworkers feel? How am I going to feel? All of those thoughts were on my mind.
At the same time, though, I can promise you another thing: I would’ve never entered this sport if I didn’t think I had it in me to be great. Not good…. great. And I’m still growing, that’s just a fact. This is my second year as a wrestler. I debuted in front of the whole world. Half the time I feel like a lab experiment for TV viewers. And when I’m feeling doubts, I just remember that my daughter — she’s one of those viewers. And she’s seeing her mom be a champion. She’s seeing me grab life by the horns, and refuse to settle.
I come from a proud, Black family, and generations of proud, Black women. So I’ve always grown up with that special armor, that ability to be the only Black person in a room and keep my head up high — because I feel like I’m representing a lot of Black people who aren’t there. And I feel like I’m representing them even more in the role I’m in now. In everything I do, I want to be a pioneer for the next generation. I want to be proof.”
Jade Cargill is set to defend her TBS Championship at AEW Double or Nothing on May 29 in Las Vegas, Nevada against Anna Jay.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight