Former NXT star Jake Atlas has today (September 14) announced his retirement from professional wrestling.
Atlas (real name Kenny Marquez) took to Twitter earlier today, posting a thread explaining that he will be retiring from wrestling due to mental health issues.
“I’m not concussed or “banged up.” I simply just can’t keep going anymore. Take your mental health seriously, both for yourselves & for each other, because we only have one life to live. Thank you to anyone who did support me for 5 years. I didn’t do much, but what I did was fun.I’m stepping away from wrestling completely right now so please don’t ask me to do interviews/appearances. I’d like my privacy to be respected. At 26 years old, I’ve got my entire life ahead of me & I’m choosing to explore completely different industries to find my passion again.Unfortunately, it was unhealthy for me the entire time. I just learned how to hide it really well. I hope that friends & fans I’ve made alike continue to support me no matter what.
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- CM Punk, Jade Cargill & More: Full WWE 2K24 DLC List Revealed
- New WWE Hire Confirms He’s Joined The Company
- Jinder Mahal Shares Honest Thoughts On Tony Khan WWE Booking Comments
- Former WWE Star Clarifies Status For Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- AEW Star Reveals Why He’s No Longer Wrestling For The Company
- Two WWE Stars Replaced In Upcoming Match
- Drew McIntyre Addresses Injury Concerns, The Bloodline & More
- WWE Star Stuck In Locker Room Ahead Of Raw
- WWE Star Says He’d ‘Definitely Consider’ Going To Sting’s AEW Retirement Match