Ring of Honor (ROH) has announced that the two former NXT stars will be in action at the upcoming Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view.
On the latest edition of ROH Week By Week, it was announced that Jake Atlas and Taylor Rust (Tyler Rust) will face each other during the September 12 show.
Atlas and Rust were both released by WWE on August 6, along with a number of other Performance Center names. It was later confirmed by WWE President Nick Khan that WWE will focus on recruiting bigger, younger athletes, opposed to independent stars.
Following his departure, Tyler Rust addressed speculation that WWE was mad at NXT for losing to AEW with ratings.
Kurt Angle has now shared his opinion on WWE’s new scouting focus, arguing that the independent scene is great for character development. The rebooted era of NXT begins with the upcoming September 14 episode.
ROH previously revealed that the ROH World Champion, RUSH, will be out of action for the rest of the year, following a knee injury at Glory By Honor last month.
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Breaks Character To Cosplay As Danhausen On Jericho Cruise
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”
- PHOTOS: WWE Star Gets Stitches After Accidental Face Injury