Jake Hager made his AEW debut on the inaugural episode of AEW Dynamite back in October 2019, and the Inner Circle was formed that night, consisting of Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, Santana, Ortiz and Hager.
Hager was a recent guest on the AEW Unrestricted podcast, where he spoke about the formation of the group, and who he believes his role in the group was originally intended for.
“I think what happened was, Gallows and Anderson possibly were going to be in The Inner Circle, but they re-signed. So, I got bumped up or I came into the picture, however you want to phrase it. Chris told Tony he wanted me for the job and the rest is history.”
transcription via WrestlingInc
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match