It has been reported that All Japan Pro Wrestling legend Genichiro Tenryu has been hospitalized.
Tenryu has been in hospice care since Friday with congestive heart failure. The report states that although it was urgent, this is not life-threatening and Tenryu just needs to rest at the hospital. As a result of the hospitalization, Tenryu’s scheduled appearance with Kenta Kobashi has been postponed.
Genichiro Tenryu was also quoted as saying the following in the report (translated from Japanese):
“I’m sorry to have caused concern to all the fans and people involved. I was surprised at the suddenness, but I thought that I was told to live again! There is no choice but to take it positively. I think about the day I can spend with you again, and I will do my best to treat it. Above all, I regret having made a big hole in the event and work. But I think it’s because I’m alive, so I’m fine. I will do my best so that I can show you!”
Tenryu has not wrestled since November 2015 when he had his final match against Kazuchika Okada in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
From everyone here at WrestleTalk, we wish Genichiro Tenryu a speedy recovery.
- Another Big Sign Released Star Returning To WWE
- Several WWE Stars Pulled From Indie Event
- Kazuchika Okada & Jay White Announced For Trios Bout Ahead Of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- AEW Star Wishes CM Punk & The Elite Situation ‘Didn’t Happen’
- Top NJPW Star Explains Why Co-Promotional Event With STARDOM Should Happen ‘Every Once In A While’
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Latest On Sasha Banks WWE Contract Negotiations