It’s being reported that Jaxson Ryker had an “incredible” amount of backstage heat before he was released by WWE on November 18.
It’s well-known by now that most of this heat stemmed from him making pro-Donald Trump comments on social media during the height of the Black Lives Matter movement last year, and then the re-emergence of some more insensitive posts from the past.
Fightful Select reports that there were people that “took issue” with the fact that the Forgotten Sons were taken off TV because of Ryker’s comments, but that he was the one who returned before the others.
Jaxson Ryker was said to have “largely laid low” after the initial heat had died down, but he was the “one case” of all the releases that had an “incredible” amount of heat.
It was also mentioned that most people had expected him to have been released in one of the earlier batches of names being let go en masse.
The creative team also noticed that getting him over was going to be an issue, with one source saying it was an “uphill battle to get a reaction”.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Aliyah Pulled From WWE SmackDown Match
- Pat McAfee Challenges Happy Corbin To SummerSlam Match
- Viking Raiders Return As Heels With New Look On WWE SmackDown
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Tammy Sytch Legal Update
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen