It’s being reported that Jaxson Ryker had an “incredible” amount of backstage heat before he was released by WWE on November 18.
It’s well-known by now that most of this heat stemmed from him making pro-Donald Trump comments on social media during the height of the Black Lives Matter movement last year, and then the re-emergence of some more insensitive posts from the past.
Fightful Select reports that there were people that “took issue” with the fact that the Forgotten Sons were taken off TV because of Ryker’s comments, but that he was the one who returned before the others.
Jaxson Ryker was said to have “largely laid low” after the initial heat had died down, but he was the “one case” of all the releases that had an “incredible” amount of heat.
It was also mentioned that most people had expected him to have been released in one of the earlier batches of names being let go en masse.
The creative team also noticed that getting him over was going to be an issue, with one source saying it was an “uphill battle to get a reaction”.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return