Jay Lethal is officially #AllElite. His signing was announced on last night’s Full Gear pay-per-view, and he’s set to make his in-ring debut this Wednesday (November 17) on Dynamite in a TNT Championship match against Sammy Guevara.
Lethal spoke on the Full Gear post-show media scrum, where he spoke about how the AEW deal came about. Lethal said that is only started a few days ago, and he only met with Tony Khan in person last night.
“It all happened so quickly, only a few days ago. My head was spinning because — Today was the first time we met and talked face to face. Imagine being, for lack of a better term, jobless and wondering how you’re going to pay your bills and such. You’re a professional wrestler so there’s not a ton of jobs. You can’t just fill out an application anywhere. I got a quick message from some of Tony’s associates, which was like a beacon of light. But literally, that was only a few days ago. Then I flew in yesterday and had to sit in my hotel room and I couldn’t get any sleep because all I could think about was, ‘Well, I don’t really know what’s happening tomorrow because we haven’t met yet. It was wild. All these thoughts going through my mind, ‘Will the people like me? The company’s on fire right now, I hope I make a good impression.’ Just a wild rush of emotions in my head”
Lethal went on to explain how AEW already ‘feels like home’, and he plans on that being the case forever. He added:
“This feels like home, immediately. Other than meeting Tony today for the first time, I walked into the building and instantly saw people that I have met throughout my 20 years of professional wrestling. Some I was very close with. Some I just met a few times in passing. Some men and women I hadn’t seen in over 15 years and it was as if we had never skipped a beat. So right away, my first 30 seconds here I was like, ‘This is home.’ Like I mentioned before, I’m a very loyal professional wrestler, so I plan on being here until the doors close. I plan on this being my home forever,”
Lethal is not the only wrestler set to make their AEW in-ring debut this Wednesday, as it was announced that NJPW star Tomohiro Ishii will team with Orange Cassidy against the Butcher & the Blade.
transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show