NJPW has confirmed that IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White will miss an upcoming G1 Climax event, following his absence from Tuesday’s (August 9) show.
Per a statement on NJPW’s website, White was pulled from the August 9 & upcoming August 10 event due to an abundance of caution, with White currently dealing with ‘heat stroke like symptoms.’
NJPW shared the following:
“Jay White, who was scheduled to wrestle in Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall this evening, has been affected by heat stroke like symptoms and as a result will be removed from August 9 and 10 cards due to an abundance of caution. As an additional precautionary measure, White has undertaken COVID antigen testing, which has returned negative.
We apologise to fans who were looking forward to seeing White wrestle, and appreciate your understanding.”
The following change has been made to the next two night’s cards:
Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs Jay White, KENTA & Juice Robinson –> Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi vs Gedo, KENTA & Juice Robinson
White’s next G1 Climax tournament bout is scheduled for the August 13 show, against Taichi. He’s currently leading his B block with 8 points, with two matches left in block action.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE