IWGP World Heavyweight Champion has reacted to reports that Sasha Banks will make her NJPW debut at Wrestle Kingdom 17.
PWInsider was first to report that Mercedes Varnado, better known to WWE fans as Sasha Banks, will be at the January 4, 2023 Tokyo Dome show.
Dave Meltzer has since confirmed this on social media.
In an interview with Fightful, Jay White stated that he hasn’t heard anything about plans for Varnado to appear on the NJPW show.
He noted that he’d love to introduce himself to her, believing that Varnado would be a nice addition to his Bullet Club faction.
While it is currently unclear what Varnado will do at Wrestle Kingdom 17, it has been heavily speculated that she will issue a challenge for the IWGP Women’s Championship.
KAIRI is scheduled to defend the gold against Tam Nakano on January 4. Reports have indicated that the IWGP Women’s Championship will be defended on February 18 in San Jose, California, leading to speculation that Banks will make her NJPW in-ring debut in February.
Varnado previously teased a match with KAIRI in October, sharing a fan-made graphic on her Instagram Story.
Varnado hasn’t appeared for WWE since walking out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping.
In the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 17, Jay White will defend the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against Kazuchika Okada.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status