While perhaps not known as the kindest and gentlest WWE legend, John Bradshaw Layfield had some very complimentary things to say about one WWE star recently.
Appearing on RAW Talk this week and was asked about AJ Styles and his current dealings with United States Champion, Damian Priest with JBL saying:
“AJ Styles to me is this generation’s Shawn Michaels. Everytime he goes out there no matter who he is against, he competes at an incredibly high level. He has done it since he has walked into WWE. He is a star and he is going against a future star and cornerstone of WWE, Damian Priest. Do I think he can win? Absolutely.”
Styles recently won an opportunity to face Priest for the United States Championship after beating him in a match on the February 7 edition of Monday Night Raw.
Styles is set to appear in the Elimination Chamber match at the Elimination Chamber event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on February 19, 2022 where he will challenge champion Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship against also Seth Rollins, Riddle and Austin Theory.
Transcription via Sportskeeda
- Claudio Castagnoli AEW Details & WWE Stars React, AEW Contracts Expire, Cody Rhodes Video Game News – Audio News Bulletin – June 27, 2022
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- More Details On Claudio Castagnoli Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Jon Moxley Claims He’s ‘Probably Concussed’ In Passionate Post-Show Promo
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Xavier Woods Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury