While perhaps not known as the kindest and gentlest WWE legend, John Bradshaw Layfield had some very complimentary things to say about one WWE star recently.
Appearing on RAW Talk this week and was asked about AJ Styles and his current dealings with United States Champion, Damian Priest with JBL saying:
“AJ Styles to me is this generation’s Shawn Michaels. Everytime he goes out there no matter who he is against, he competes at an incredibly high level. He has done it since he has walked into WWE. He is a star and he is going against a future star and cornerstone of WWE, Damian Priest. Do I think he can win? Absolutely.”
Styles recently won an opportunity to face Priest for the United States Championship after beating him in a match on the February 7 edition of Monday Night Raw.
Styles is set to appear in the Elimination Chamber match at the Elimination Chamber event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on February 19, 2022 where he will challenge champion Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship against also Seth Rollins, Riddle and Austin Theory.
Transcription via Sportskeeda
- AEW Star Signed To Full-Time Contract Confirmed
- CM Punk Vs. ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin WWE Plans Update
- CM Punk New Tattoo Revealed Following WWE Return
- WWE Announces Injury To Top Star
- WWE Star Makes Entrance With Legend At House Show
- Bryan Danielson Injury Update Ahead Of AEW In-Ring Return
- Jade Cargill & Another Absent Star Spotted In New Appearance For WWE
- ‘Frustrated’ Top Star Calls Out WWE
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- John Cena Reacts To Randy Orton WWE SmackDown Return