WWE Hall of Famer JBL recently told a very funny story of being given the silent treatment at the airport after a heel turn.
“I idolized Terry and then I got to tag with Terry in WWE. I used to fly through Dallas all the time and security way before 9/11, they just talked to you because they didn’t have as much to do. It wasn’t as important as it turned out to be after 9/11. I didn’t realize it at the time. And they always would laugh at me being a heel. Wherever I was they would laugh about whatever I’d done on television except for the time I turned on Terry Funk and when I turned on Terry Funk, I walked through the airport and no one says a word to me and I finally look over there and all the guys are just sitting over there looking at me and I’m like, ‘C’mon guys,’ and I look over and one of them says, ‘That shit wasn’t right. That shit just wasn’t right.’”
JBL knows a thing or two about getting bad reactions after heel turns. There is also the famous story of him needing a police escort out of town when he appeared in Texas during his feud with Eddie Guerrero.
- AEW Star Signed To Full-Time Contract Confirmed
- CM Punk Vs. ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin WWE Plans Update
- CM Punk New Tattoo Revealed Following WWE Return
- WWE Announces Injury To Top Star
- WWE Star Makes Entrance With Legend At House Show
- Bryan Danielson Injury Update Ahead Of AEW In-Ring Return
- Jade Cargill & Another Absent Star Spotted In New Appearance For WWE
- ‘Frustrated’ Top Star Calls Out WWE
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- John Cena Reacts To Randy Orton WWE SmackDown Return