The latest star has been revealed for the upcoming NXT Championship number one contenders match.
Ahead of next Tuesday’s episode of NXT, WWE announced that a brand new number one contender for the new NXT Champion Carmelo Hayes will be determined in a fatal four-way match.
The aforementioned bout will take place on the April 11 edition of WWE NXT. Already announced for the match is Dragon Lee, but one of his opponents has been revealed.
On Sunday afternoon, WWE announced on the NXT Twitter account that JD McDonagh will join Lee as the second participant for the number one contenders four-way match.
The future title match will feature on NXT’s Spring Breakin’ show, which the date hasn’t been announced as of yet.
Another potential name that could still be announced may be former NXT Champion Bron Breakker after he turned heel and attacked Carmelo Hayes on the April 4 edition of NXT.
While Breakker was rumored to be on the verge of a main roster call-up, his future seems to lie in NXT for now.
BREAKING: @jd_mcdonagh is the second competitor in the NXT Championship No.1 Contender's Fatal 4-Way Match taking place THIS TUESDAY!
Who will take the last two spots? 🤔 #WWENXT pic.twitter.com/wU0cOvjyqE
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) April 9, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- Roman Reigns’ WWE Schedule For Summer 2023 Revealed
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child