Jeff Cobb made his in-ring debut with All Elite Wrestling this week. Although he was pinned by Jon Moxley, he made a hell of an impression as Chris Jericho’s hired gun.
Now, we know an update on Cobb’s contract status with the promotion. In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that Cobb had met with Tony Khan about signing a contract. Here is the quote:
“Jeff Cobb was offered a deal this past week. Tony Khan had never met him until this week. Cody had been trying to get him since the start of the year. Cobb had only agreed to a few dates.”
It is known that Cobb wants to keep working for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He competed in last year’s G1 Climax and has made appearances on some of New Japan’s bigger United States-based shows.
It was noted that the contract offered to Cobb would allow him to continue working for New Japan. Nothing has been signed as of yet but it seems that AEW wants Cobb badly.
Were you a fan of Jeff Cobb on AEW Dynamite this week? Let us know on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win