AEW President and CEO Tony Khan has issued an update on the AEW status of Jeff Cobb who competed on the February 19 episode of Dynamite.
Speaking to the media after Revolution, Khan said:
“Jeff and I are still talking, but Jeff is not exclusively signed anywhere at this point, but I really like Jeff and would love for Jeff to come back. He did an awesome job as I expected, he was tremendous, and I really like Jeff.”
Dave Meltzer reported last week that Cobb had been offered an AEW contract.
Cobb played the role of a ‘hired hitman’ for Chris Jericho who was trying to take out Jon Moxley ahead of their World Title match at Revolution.
He appeared on the February 12 episode to lay out Moxley with his finisher, but then suffered a pinfall loss to Mox the following week and hasn’t been back since.
Cobb was on the card for last night’s ROH Gateway to Honor pay-per-view, losing in a four-way won by Dalton Castle that also included Kenny King and Tracy Williams. That show also saw the ROH World Title change hands.
We will have more stories coming out from the post-Revolution scrum throughout today on WrestleTalk.com.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Top Champion Names Drew McIntyre As Potential Title Challenger
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On