It is being reported by the Wrestling Observer that Jeff Hardy was arrested on Saturday evening after being found to be driving whilst impaired.
The incident, which occurred in Concord, California around 10:30pm, saw Hardy’s car strike the guardrail with force putting both himself and oncoming traffic in danger. Though he has been released on bail, the former WWE Tag Team champion has had his license rescinded for thirty days and must now attend a court hearing in Cabarrus County, North Carolina on April 16.
The police accident report said:
“Hardy ran off the roadway to the right, in turn striking about 105 feet of guardrail before the back end of the car spun out 90 degrees to the left, coming to rest in the middle of the right N bound lane of travel.”
This isn’t Jeff Hardy’s first incident caused by either alcohol or drugs. In 2008 he was refused passage on a flight home from Nashville airport when one of the flight crew reported him to be heavily intoxicated, and one year later he was arrested when a search of his residence turned up a large amount of drugs. Pleading guilty to the charges against him, Hardy served ten days in jail as well as thirty days probation, and was fined a whopping $100,000.
This recent development is a shocking one. Jeff has seemingly been clean of both drugs and alcohol for some time now, re-signing with WWE in 2017. Now though he’s put his imminent return to the company – he was sidelined with a shoulder injury in September – as well as what would have been a guaranteed participation in brother Matt’s Broken / Woken universe in jeopardy.
It remains to be seen what action – if any – WWE will take against the star.
- Backstage Heat On AEW World Champion MJF?
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- CM Punk Reacts To WWE Raw Ratings For His Return
- ‘Massive Offer’ Rejected By Will Ospreay Before Choosing AEW Revealed
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Long-Absent AEW Star Reveals They Had Three Seizures, Cleared To Return
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Coincidence About Her Daughter’s Birth
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Drew McIntyre’s Explicit Reaction To Randy Orton WWE Plans