Jeff Hardy has commented on why he was part of the crowd chasing after the 24/7 Championship on Raw this week.
Speaking with the Felger & Massarotti podcast, Hardy was asked why he was doing what he was doing on Raw. In short, Hardy said that he does what WWE asks him to do but is excited for the future. He said:
“On Monday night, in Miami, that’s just what I felt like doing. That’s what I had to do. I was in the chase for the 24/7 title, and it just didn’t work out, man. I just came out there, and it didn’t work out.
But yeah, it’s one of those things…I do what they need me to do, and then I move on. That’s in the past, and this Monday is the future, so I’m super excited.”
Hardy also went on to say he is still very grateful to be able to be a WWE star. He said:
“I’m just so grateful to have this opportunity to still be a WWE superstar, so I’m very thankful and grateful for every show that I’m on. It don’t matter what I’m doing. I’m just so blessed to be a part of WWE still. But yeah, I’m just saying, it’s a business relationship. I try to do the best I can for [Vince McMahon] and for the WWE, and hopefully that’s enough.”
Jeff Hardy returned to WWE with his brother Matt at WrestleMania 33. Matt has since left the company with Jeff having sporadic success as a singles star.
(quote via Cageside Seats)
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed