Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler paid tribute to his late son Brian Christopher yesterday, by wearing the Grandmaster Sexay vest to the ring for his scheduled match with James Ellsworth.
— Dinner With The King (@DinnerWithKing) August 6, 2018
The bout which occurred for USA Championship Wrestling in Jackson, Tennessee, was held just forty eight hours after the funeral of the former WWF Tag Team Champion. It attests to the strength of one of wrestling’s all-time greatest competitors that he was able to carry on following such a tragedy.
Following the show, former Smackdown Live star James Ellsworth took to Twitter to comment about the sheer emotion he experienced, fighting a legend.
Just wrestled the most emotional match of my career
Words can’t describe the amount of respect I have for @JerryLawler
It’s a true honor and pleasure to share the ring with him always .. pic.twitter.com/cCHoUGLwD4
— James Ellsworth (@realellsworth) August 5, 2018
WrestleTalk would like you to come and join the conversation on Twitter and Discord today. Do you think Jerry should still be wrestling after suffering a heart attack a few years ago? Would you like to see James Ellsworth return to Smackdown Live? And should Brian Christopher be honored with a place in the WWE Hall of Fame?
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?