Jim Cornette has shared his honest thoughts on the announcement that Roman Reigns will face Logan Paul at WWE Crown Jewel.
During the September 17 press conference, it was officially announced that the influencer will be challenging for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship on the November 5 premium live event.
Speaking on the Jim Cornette Experience, the former WWE name argued that fans might riot if Paul dethrones Reigns.
Believing that a Reigns loss at Crown Jewel would kill both Reigns’ and Paul’s momentum entirely, Cornette said:
“Now I got a problem (if Logan wins). I mean, it would kill his career too because then all the really dedicated fans would hate him for the rest of his life because even though he’s an athlete and he did well, he’s had what, two matches?
“That would be insane and the fans would riot but they wouldn’t be able to blame s**t stain like they did for the David Arquette thing but it would be the same kind of reaction. It’s just bulls**t, so no no.”
Logan Paul made his pro-wrestling debut at WrestleMania 38 in April, teaming with The Miz to defeat The Mysterios. He defeated The Miz in his second ever match at SummerSlam.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence