AEW star Andrade El Idolo’s recent booking has drawn the ire of industry veteran Jim Cornette as El Idolo has been running through a revolving cast of managers.
El Idolo first started with Vickie Guerrero when he entered the company and most recently worked with Chavo Guerrero before Chavo was removed from El Idolo’s group.
Cornette said on his Drive-Thru podcast:
“Who knows what the role even is? Are they babyfaces? Are they heels? Chavo came out and cut a babyface promo his first night. By the second night, he was a heel. He’s arguing, and he was supposed to serve as some type of english language spokesperson for this guy (Andrade El Idolo). But wait, but before that, it was Vickie Guerrero, or wait a minute. What other Guerrero was involved in this? Didn’t they give Andrade to Vickie. I’ll tell you what, Hector’s gonna do a good job of it. Hector has always been my favorite.”
Jim Cornette has been a vocal critic of AEW since the promotion was formed back in 2019. We’ll have to see whether Andrade or Tony Khan takes any notice of Cornette’s criticism.
Transcript courtesy of Ringside News
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?