Legendary commentator Jim Ross has discussed his future in wrestling, revealing when his AEW contract runs out.
Jim Ross has been the voice of AEW’s early years. With his contract expiring some time next year, Ross has admitted that he’s not entirely certain whether he will continue working for the promotion.
Speaking with DAZN, Ross noted that he loves working for AEW. Explaining that his last deal was for 3 years, Ross stated that he’d like to re-sign for a year at a time, if he chooses to come back.
Here is the full quote:
“I hope that in a perfect world, I would like to stay working for Tony Khan and AEW and take it a year at a time. The contract I came in here was three years because that’s what (Tony Khan) wanted. He wants stability. It made Time Warner happy because they’re used to my work in their company for many years and the WWE stuff as well.”
“I would say I’ll do this year, and then let’s evaluate and see where we are health-wise, motivational-wise. Then if I come back, I’d like to come back for a year at a time. That way, it doesn’t put Tony in any unnecessary stress. Because by the time my contract ends, I’ll be 70. So some young dude like you that’s 40 is going to be like ‘Jesus Christ, he’s old, dude.’
After playing a key role on WWE programming for years, it was odd for some fans to see Ross on the non-WWE side of the Wednesday Night Wars. According to Ross, the AEW vs NXT rivalry should never have been called a war.
AEW Double or Nothing takes place on May 30. On the show, Kenny Omega will defend his AEW World Championship against Orange Cassidy and PAC.
Omega has recently opened up about his position in wrestling, noting the pros and cons of holding multiple world titles.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats