Legendary commentator Jim Ross suffered an injury this past Saturday at New Japan Pro Wrestling’s G1 Climax Special in San Fransisco, California. During an IWGP United States Title Match between Juice Robinson and ‘Switchblade’ Jay White, the pair performed a spot which saw White suplex his challenger into the guardrail near the commentary table. Due to said rail not being properly secured, it slid and knocked Jim Ross from his chair causing issues with his ribs and lungs – including a possible broken rib.
.@JoshLBarnett has had enough! ?#G1USA #NJPW @njpwglobal pic.twitter.com/4g6v7dfBwU
— AXS TV (@AXSTV) July 8, 2018
With many assuming this to be a work, rumors have spread that ‘Good Ol’ JR’ spent time in the hospital following the incident, whilst both the legendary voice and broadcast partner Josh Barnett took to Twitter to dispel rumors that this was part of a storyline.
For the record, the ‘bump’ I took at ringside at #G1SanFrancisco was not storyline driven matter nor was it discussed.
I think I broke a rib.
Couldn’t put my roller bag in the overhead today after a sleepless Sat night. pic.twitter.com/E9hd2FDsXi
— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) July 9, 2018
Not a work
— ??? ????????? (@JoshLBarnett) July 8, 2018
WrestleTalk wishes Jim Ross a speedy recovery, and we hope to see him back at the commentary table soon.
Do you think this was a work despite what those involved say? Was it unprofessional of White and Robinson to put Jim Ross at risk like that? Have your say now on Twitter and Discord, where you can join the chat with all your favourite writers.
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?