One of the best moments from AEW Double or Nothing was the crowning of the winners of the Owen Hart Foundation tournaments.
Adam Cole and Britt Baker wound up victorious, and were honored by Owen’s widow Martha Hart, who gave an incredible speech honoring Owen and his legacy.
Jim Ross was able to call the matches honoring Owen’s legacy, and he spoke on the Grilling JR podcast about his backstage interaction with Martha, and how he broke down crying.
“I had a chance in the little green room environment in there, to sit and chat with Martha. I did exactly what I told myself I was not going to do and that was cry. I couldn’t help it and so it was very emotional. She was a gracious and glorious host, shall we say, of this event.”
While the Owen Hart Foundation tournaments were fantastic, they weren’t without their problems. Here are six things AEW could have done differently in the tournaments.
transcription via WrestlingInc
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Major Change To AEW Revolution Match Update
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Legendary Name Spotted Backstage At AEW Dynamite
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests