An update has come to light regarding AEW Dynamite announcer Jim Ross after he underwent surgery ahead of this week’s show.
Ross is currently dealing with skin cancer on his leg and on his back, but as of the latest update, is set to be calling the action this week.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said:
“He had surgery on his back, and I guess it was successful, and the last I heard he was planning on going to Chicago for the Wednesday night show. So, yeah, good news. He’s not starting radiation therapy until Monday, so that’s the big one. But, yep, he’s planning on going to the show this week. So, so far so good.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Among the matches set for this week’s Dynamite are CM Punk vs QT Marshall, Bryan Danielson vs Colt Cabana, and Cody Rhodes & Death Triangle vs FTR, Malakai Black & Andrade El Idolo.
We continue to wish Jim Ross all the best.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023