AEW commentator Jim Ross has offered his thoughts on how AEW Full Gear 2022 shaped up this past weekend (November 19).
The event saw the payoff to several of the company’s major storylines, most notably the main event match between MJF and Jon Moxley, in which Blackpool Combat Club manager William Regal turned on stablemate Moxley to help MJF secure the win.
Speaking on his podcast Grilling JR, Ross gave his thoughts on the pay-per-view and revealed that it was Tony Khan’s request for him to only call part of the show:
“I enjoyed it. Tony Khan wanted me to work the first six matches, and I did, and then I was done.
“I would’ve liked to work the last match, obviously as a fan […] I was kind of thinking it was MJF’s night. Just seemed like it was time. We’ll see how that works out. I hope it works out great.
“I watched the match back on my iPad because I went back to the hotel when I was finished with my assignment. I liked the show. I thought- I thought it was a good show.
“I liked the first half that I did. The matches that I did, I thought were pretty damn strong. Some stronger than others, that’s the nature of the beast. But, I thought it was a good show.”
The event also saw Chris Jericho successfully defend the Ring of Honor World Championship against Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli and Sammy Guevara in a four-way; Saraya make her in-ring return with a win against Britt Baker; and Death Triangle defeat The Elite to retain their AEW World Trios Championship.
Jim Ross has not been used on commentary for Dynamite in recent weeks, instead only calling the action for Rampage.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingInc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests