Rob Van Dam was one of ECW’s most popular stars during the promotion’s lifespan, before he later arrived in WWE, going on to become WWE Champion.
When RVD won the title in 2006, it came a few years after he had challenged and failed to take the World Heavyweight Championship from Triple H on Raw.
There had been a lot of rumours about why Triple H defeated RVD, with some believing there was heat on RVD from Triple H and Shawn Michaels due to his backstage attitude.
Jim Ross spoke about the rumours on his Grilling JR podcast, where he said:
“Yeah, he had a different personality. He wasn’t the most extroverted guy.
“Something could have occurred in a conversation between those three guys that I’m not privy to, but both those guys are smart enough to know that on a good day, a right day, a match with RVD was money, and guys are gonna be more motivated by money, or the potential thereof of more money, so I don’t think that Shawn or Hunter [Triple H] would pass up the opportunity to work with a top guy who does unique things.”
RVD himself recently spoke about rumours that Triple H ‘buried’ him during their feud, claiming that he also doesn’t believe that to be the case.
transcription via SportsKeeda
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW