It has been revealed that Jim Ross will be working with The Rock’s production company on a new wrestling project about the territory days.
Speaking on the Grilling JR podcast, the AEW commentator revealed that he will be working with The Rock’s Seven Bucks Productions on a project that will “go back and look at the territories”.
“I’m going to be doing some work with Rock’s company coming up soon. We’re going to go back and look at the territories. I’m not sure of the platform that it’s going to be airing on, but I was really happy to have the opportunity to participate. It will be a nice little gig. I think I’m going to be joined by Jake, Michael Hayes, and Ted DiBiase. We’re going to look at the Mid-South territory first, so it should be fun.”
Jim Ross started working in the wrestling business with NWA Tri-State in 1974 working as a referee. The promotion was later rebranded as Mid South Wrestling in 1982.
Ross remained with the promotion through its renaming to Universal Wrestling Federation in 1986 and sale to Jim Crockett Jr. the following year.
The Rock started his Seven Bucks Productions in 2012. The company has worked on projects such as 2019’s “Fighting With My Family” film based on WWE star Paige’s life and career as well as the NBC sitcom, “Young Rock”.
As previously noted, a Season 2 episode of Young Rock may have revealed WrestleMania plans for The Rock and Roman Reigns.
Quotes via Wrestlingnews.co
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Jade Cargill Reveals Why She Chose WWE Instead Of AEW
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- WWE Match Pulled From Show
- Brian Pillman Jr Introduced On WWE NXT
- WWE Star Debuts Brand New Look & Entrance Theme After Big Makeover
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence On Joining WWE
- Top AEW Star Provides Injury Update On Kyle O’Reilly