Many of the current top stars in WWE came through the NXT system, including Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Becky Lynch.
A handful of former NXT stars have gone on to main event WWE’s biggest show of the year, WrestleMania, with Bianca Belair, Sasha Banks and Kevin Owens doing so in recent years.
One former NXT star who has yet to do so is Finn Balor. The former two-time NXT Champion had two stints on the black and gold brand, but has not been given that WrestleMania main event.
However, WWE Hall of Famer and current AEW name Jim Ross recently spoke about Finn on his Grilling JR podcast, where he detailed being in the front row for his debut.
JR recalled the debut, and how he believes that, from his first night in the company, Balor was ready to main event WrestleMania.
“I sat in the front row with Jan when Finn Balor made his debut.
“I’m thinking, ‘Gee, this son of a b**** is ready to go right now. Put him on the WrestleMania publicity posters. This kid, he is fantastic.”
Balor’s debut match saw him team up with Hideo Itami (KENTA) at NXT TakeOver: R-Evolution to defeat the Ascension.
While he has not main evented the event, Balor was heavily featured at both WrestleMania 34 and 35, taking part in Intercontinental Championship matches at both events.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours