Former WWE Champion Jinder Mahal has said he still wants a match with Brock Lesnar after we almost saw the bout in 2017.
While Mahal was WWE Champion on SmackDown and Lesnar was Universal Champion on Raw, WWE had announced they would face each other at Survivor Series that year.
However, shortly before the pay-per-view came around, WWE switched the WWE Title from Mahal to AJ Styles, so we got Lesnar vs Styles instead.
In a new interview with Sportskeeda, Mahal said:
“Yeah, absolutely. I was very much looking forward to the match with Brock Lesnar. Unfortunately, I lost the WWE Championship in the meantime, but I think someday that match with Brock Lesnar still could happen.”
With Lesnar having been absent from WWE since April 2020 and Mahal’s current position, there are quite a few things that are going to have to change if we are gonna see this match at any point.
Mahal is currently heading towards a match with Drew McIntyre, who beat Lesnar in his last match, at SummerSlam on August 21.
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Comments On Wife Beth Phoenix Potentially Joining Him In AEW
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Why Edge (Adam Copeland) Can Use ‘Metalingus’ WWE Theme In AEW
- Jade Cargill Sends Message To WWE Roster During Raw