It was revealed during tonight’s episode of WWE NXT 2.0 that Joe Gacy will challenge Cruiserweight Champion Roderick Strong at WarGames.
The seeds for this match were first planted last week, when Gacy actually teased joining Strong’s Diamond Mine group, but Diamond Mine’s manager Malcolm Bivens claimed this was an attempt from Gacy to upstage them.
Gacy was set for a match with LA Knight tonight, but that didn’t happen as Knight was attacked on the ramp by Grayson Waller, and it looks likely that those two will probably be having a match at WarGames too but that hasn’t been announced yet.
Anyway, with the Knight match called off, Joe Gacy took the opportunity to grab a microphone in the ring, but was cut off by Strong, Bivens and the rest of Diamond Mine.
Gacy then claimed that Roderick Strong’s name is an example of “toxic masculinity”, and the cruiserweight division is an example of “exclusivity” and “weight shaming”.
Despite Gacy not being a cruiserweight, the match at WarGames on December 5 will be for the title.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups