Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff has discussed the future of ROH, teasing that the company has ‘really nice things’ in store for the promotion’s return.
In October, ROH announced that after the Final Battle event, the promotion would halt live events to be ‘reimagined‘ during the first quarter of 2022.
On the ROH Strong podcast, Koff noted that the new ROH will fill a gap in the pro-wrestling market, providing a unique experience. Wanting the reimagined promotion to put the fans first, Koff said:
“We have some really nice things up our sleeves for the first of the year and as we get into the first quarter, we will start seeing, maybe not only the blueprint but the actual design of what the next Ring of Honor will look like. It’s too early for me to give much detail, but we do plan on delivery a product, one that epitomizes who we are. Not only deliver a product, but an experience for the fan that doesn’t exist today in the professional wrestling traditional landscape.
“I say that because we’ve always identified with our fans and have felt they are the lifeblood of who we are. That’s the reimagining we’re moving too; fan engagement, fan collaboration, and fan interest. How do we harness that to build a promotion that is built for and by the fans. That’s about as deep as I’m going to get because we are in the early stages. I’m not ready to get into full detail.”
Quote via Fightful.
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match