A former AEW star is urging Tony Khan to push Sonny Kiss.
Joey Janela recently departed All Elite Wrestling after his contract expired at the beginning of May.
Speaking on Insight with Chris Van Vliet, Janela discussed his time with the company and which star he feels AEW President Tony Khan needs to push immediately.
In regards to his former tag team partner Sonny Kiss, he said:
“Tony Khan, you better push Sonny f*cking Kiss. Most improved wrestler right now in the world … Everything looks f*cking great now, and push Sonny Kiss, not in June because it’s pride month, push Sonny Kiss from June to f*cking June because that’s the bottom line, because the Bad Boy f*cking said so.”
Janela and Kiss were a tag team in AEW from March 2020 until April 2021 when The Bad Boy turned on The Concrete Rose. The two were embroiled in a rivalry that saw Kiss win their eventual blow off match on AEW Dark.
Joey Janela got his win back in December 2021 before he was taken off of television prior to his contract expiring. He now works for multiple independent promotions, including GCW.
Janela also discussed how he helped AEW’s backstage communication in this same interview.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- The Bloodline Headed To Raw To Confront Top WWE Star
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’